Cytology Questions (answers at bottom of page)
1. In an animal cell, which organelle is responsible for cellular respiration?
A - Golgi Complex
B - Mitochondria
C - Ribosome
D - Centriole
2. Which of the following presents plasma membrane functions in a cell?
A - Shaping the cell, in addition to controlling the substances entering and leaving it
B - Perform cellular respiration.
C - Synthesize proteins within the cell.
D - Perform all process of cell division.
3. Which of the following presents the names of two forms of cell division?
A - Phagocytosis and Osmosis
B - Interphase and Photosynthesis
C - Mitosis and Meiosis
D - Osmosis and Anaphase
4. In an animal cell, which organelle has the function of conserving and transmitting genetic information in cell reproduction and regulating cellular functions.
A - Ribosomes
B - Lysosomes
C - Cytoplasm
D - Cell Core
5. What is the function of leukocytes (white blood cells) in human blood?
A - They perform the protective function, fighting infectious agents that penetrate the human organism.
B - They perform the important function of nutrient transport throughout the human body.
C - They carry oxygen through the human blood.
D - They act in the process of cell division.